Client Services Agent
Unlike the traditional jobs within many insurance agencies, the Bishop White Client Services Agent role is a multi-functional, fully professional, part-time position (20 to 30 hours per week). This role requires the high-level interpersonal, problem solving, and time management skills of a degreed business person, while also providing the flexibility of working from home and setting your own hours.
Part A) FIRST POINT OF CONTACT
- On a daily basis, our company receives inbound contact from existing clients, new customers, insurance company representatives, vendors, third parties such as banks and mortgage lenders, and others.
- A key function of the Client Services Agent will be to operate as a (not the only) first point of contact, managing or routing correspondence.
Part B) PERSONAL LINES RENEWALS
- Personal Lines products – insurance for privately owned homes, vehicles, watercraft, etc. – make up an important segment of our business. As these policies renew annually, the Client Services Agent will review each client’s portfolio, analyze changes made by the insurance company, and make pro-active contact with the customer to provide input, guidance, and recommendations.
- This customer consultation requires a Property & Casualty insurance license.
Part C) PERSONAL LINES NEW BUSINESS
- New customers reach our organization through multiple channels, such as key-word searches online or from the existing social and business networks of our agents. Our most important source for new business though, is referrals from our existing clients.
- The Client Services Agent will be responsible for:
- Responding to inquiries from prospective new customers.
- Providing education about Personal Lines coverages.
- Assisting the prospect with evaluating options and purchasing new insurance policies.
- Following up as needed to successfully engage and on-board new clients.
- These activities also require an insurance license.
Part D) PERSONAL LINES CLAIMS ASSISTANCE
- Correctly handling an insurance claim is one of the most important functions of an agency.
- As a first point of contact for Bishop White Insurance, the Client Services Agent will assist customers when they have an accident or loss, by:
- Responding as quickly as possible, and prioritizing claims assistance over many other activities.
- Helping the client file an insurance claim when warranted, and explaining the steps in the process.
- Advising the client about when not to file an insurance claim.
- Following up to ensure that the customer’s needs have been resolved by the insurance company.
- Taking the appropriate steps to update the client’s policy, if changes are needed as a result of the claim.
Part E) MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- Upon completion of training, the Client Services Agent will become fully responsible for managing the online presence of Bishop White Insurance & Financial Services, Inc. This body of work will include:
- Regular interactions with Bishop White’s web management / SEO vendor.
- Tracking progress and making adjustments to Bishop White’s website, in order to optimize traffic to the site and gain a preferred position on search engines.
- Weekly management of all social media platforms, including researching, writing, creating, and posting content to LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google My Business.
- The Client Services Agent will be responsible for gathering monthly data from Google and social media platform analytics reports, and tracking progress of key metrics.
- Responsibilities may also include some traditional marketing, for example creating mailers for existing clients, creating door hangers for local homes, or researching the value of disparate marketing campaigns.
Part F) ADDITIONAL BUSINESS TASKS
- The Client Services Agent will navigate the technology platforms of major insurance companies, such as Nationwide or Progressive, and will interact on a daily basis with personnel of the insurance companies we represent (underwriters, claims professionals, service staff, etc.).
- The Client Services Agent will also be responsible for non-licensed insurance tasks, such as responding to requests for policy information from banks and financial institutions, assisting clients with questions and inquiries, and making required updates to policies.
- Responsibilities will include additional office work as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- License / Certification / Designation: Property & Casualty license in good standing is required. For unlicensed candidates who are otherwise qualified, completion of Property & Casualty and Life & Health license programs will be required within 30 days of beginning the Client Services Agent role. Additional industry designations such as CIC or CPCU are preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 years of professional experience (insurance, general business, education, etc.). Preferred candidates will have 5+ years of experience within the insurance industry, in service, claims, underwriting, or other front-line roles.
- Educators: Teachers wishing to transition away from the classroom will also be given preferred consideration.
- Full training will be provided for qualified candidates who are new to the insurance industry.
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Bonus opportunity
- Work from home, flexible schedule
- Paid vacation
The benefits of this position go far beyond compensation. Expectations about our work environment have changed for many professionals in recent years, and the desire for work-life balance, autonomy, flexibility, and the room to explore purpose in our work are long-overdue revelations about what our jobs should be like.
The Bishop White Client Services Agent role offers professional level employment on a part-time basis. As such, it would be well suited for a parent of young children who wants to continue working while also maximizing time at home, a graduate student seeking relevant work experience, or other career-minded persons looking for challenging, meaningful work while avoiding the bureaucracy, the politics, and the ‘grind’ of corporate America. This position further offers the opportunity to learn or advance your skills within the $600 billion domestic insurance industry, to provide a unique service to the public through educating our clients – as opposed to simply passing them through a high-pressure sales process – and the chance to manage the entire online presence of a small business.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references page to Jason@Bishop-White.com.